The Phillipsburg Mine was the primary producer for the Diamond Mining District. The Mine was discovered in 1864 by a man named Phillips. There was a bonanza with some ore measuring 6 ounces of gold and 20 ounces of silver per ton. A rush was made on the area, but the majority of the ores came only from the Phillipsburg property. Reported in 1902, “a small community has endured with thousands of feet of underground workings that still show a profit after all these years.” According to maps and surveys, there are roughly 2800' of workings, not including stoping.